Processed global climate model outputs and derived analysis from 'historical' and RCP simulations from CMIP5 models. A set of up to 26 models were used for all PACCSAP reporting, but some other models are now processed as well as part of the NRM and ACCSP projects. Datasets are complete time series as well averages for 1986-2005, 2020-2039, 2040-2059, 2060-2079 and 2080-2099. Derived variables are:
- Climatologies for each period
- Changes between periods (absolute and %)
- Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices (ETCCDI) extremes indices (e.g. annual maximums)
- Average recurrence interval (ARI) calculations of 1-year, 2-year, 5-year, 10-year, 20-year, 50-year and 100-year events fro rainfall and temperature extremes
- Standardised precipitation index (SPI) of meteorological drought
- Area-average means and changes for each partner nation and each NRM cluster region for all fields.
Lineage: Models are created and run by numerous modelling groups around the world. The Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Inter-comparison (PCMDI) and the World Climate Research Program (WCRP) Working Group on Coupled Modelling host and make available the CMIP5 multi-model datasets. The CSIRO and Bureau of Meteorology data team downloaded, processed and quality-controlled the datasets for internal use. ETCCDI indices for models were obtained from University of Victoria in Canada. Derived products were generated using the CSIRO analysis 'pipeline' of analysis tools.
Credit: This data collection is a product is funded and supported by the Australian Government through the Pacific Australian Climate Change Science and Adaptation Planning Programme (PACCSAP). Please also see the supporting attachment file acknowledgement_lw.txt for a full credit acknowledgement.
This output was produced as part of PACCSAP Project 1.3.1: CMIP5 Model Evaluation and Projections
CSIRO Data Licence. The metadata and data are available to the public. All Rights (including copyright) Bureau of Meteorology Australia, CSIRO Australia 2015.
Louise Wilson; Janice Bathols; Craig Heady; Tim Bedin; Tim Erwin; Sugata Narsey; et al. (2015): CMIP5 global climate model outputs and derived outputs, comprising: Data generated to produce PACCSAP reports; data generated to produce NRM reports; data generated to produce ACCSP reports.. v1. CSIRO. Data Collection. 10.4225/08/55945F739A66D